Go Back To Article List
House Sale Price vs Asking Price – Boise Idaho
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
In the summer of 2006 when the real estate market was hot, you could sell your house buy posting a sign out in the front yard. Home sellers were getting 99.5% of their asking price for their house and in some cases houses were being sold over asking price.
Over the last three months the sale prices of houses compared to the asking price of houses has decreased 0.5% in the Boise Idaho area. In June 2007 sellers who sold their home with realtors were getting 98.61% of their asking price. In August 2007 house sellers were getting 98.14% of their asking price. This is just another reminder that we are in a declining real estate market.
Although the house sellers are now getting approximately 98% of their asking price, the time it takes for a house to sell has substantially increased. This is directly related to the increase in inventory of houses on the market.
There are currently over 5,000 houses for sale in the Ada County Boise area. 1150 of these houses are priced from 200,000 – 250,000. This is a 7.2 month supply of houses for this price range, meaning if no other houses were added to the market in this price range it would take over 7 months for all the houses to sell.
Many home owners who need to sell their house do not have time for their house to sit on the market and wait for it to sell. Many house sellers need to sell their house fast. If you are in any of the following situation and need to sell your house fast I suggest contacting your local real estate home buyer and selling your house fast.
· I need to stop foreclosure fast, I am loosing my house
· I lost my job and I can not afford to sell my house
· I am going though a divorce and need to sell my house fast
· I want to sell my investment property and cash out of my equity
· I don’t want to deal with tenants anymore
· We have family issues and can not afford our house
· I have health problems and need to sell my house
· I have moved out of state and just want my house to sell
· My house has been on the market with a realtor and it is not selling
If you need to sell your house fast complete our very short seller form and we will be in contact with you shortly.