Go Back To Article List

Selling House Fast Due To Inheritance

Posted Monday, December 29, 2014

You may be wanting to sell a house that you received through inheritance. If you have inherited a house, one of your best bets may be selling to an investor. With selling to an investor, you can save a lot of time and hassle which may put a strain on you, or your family. Selling your inheritance to an investor means, not out of pocket costs, repairs or using any of your own money.

First off, you want to avoid all and any out of pocket expenses. When someone passes on, and the home is left vacant, usually that means the house could be left un maintained for quite some time. Selling fast to an investor will make sure that you get it off your hands before the value of the house starts to go down. Selling to an investor also means you don't have to hire some real estate agent who will nickel and dime you. They will also take a cut of the profit, which is mostly how they make their money. You then may have to sit on the house even longer while the agent finds a potential buyer but with selling to an investor you can just get it off your hands right away.

Selling an inherited house to an investor is very frequent in the real estate world. If you, the seller, really sit and go through the expenses and the time it takes to sell a house with a real estate agent then you will find out that it makes much more sense to sell your house to an investor or home buying company. Because when it comes down to it, many inherited houses will need repairs and even updating before the market even considers it viable to sell. You can always try to avoid the upgrades and sell below market value to get the house sold quick, you still need to pay the legal fees and real estate fees.

But before you sell an inherited home you must go through what is called a probate process. The summary probate is expedited. It does not require any logged process and takes a short amount of time. You can choose this option if your house is under $300,000. This is the fastest option. If anyone else is on the will and also partly owns the house then, you will need to consult with any other owner and go from there.